Tuesday, December 25, 2007

.....

Well, this blog sure got off to a bad start. I guess I was in a bad mood. Hey, waking up does that to me.

The thing is, yesterday, or even the day before, when I decided to start a blog, I had a lot of stuff to say. I was mailing people left and right, saying things. Today I feel different. But I still started the blog.

Well, that's all really. All blogged up and nothing to say. How sad.


Oh, and it's christmas. Everything that's sad to start with gets like twenty times sadder at christmas. Example: Last night I went to a bar, for a drink and something to eat. I had no idea it was christmas eve by the way, that had just completely escaped me. Until I walked into the bar. It was an Irish pub by the way, in Amsterdam, and the atmosphere was just completely tragic. Mostly empty but for some expats staring into their pints of lager, Mariah Carey and Wham on the stereo (and 'Thank God It's Christmas', was Freddy Mercury insane?), and me, ordering food in a bar like the lonesomest guy on earth. I ate in silence, drank, smoked, and tried very hard to suppress a huge grin. I was enjoying it immensely.

Now I have to say I was already feeling pretty good because I had just learned that day that I was going to get a few thousand euros more in bonuses from my job than I had expected. A few thousand. Now if winning at Monopoly is nice, then this is very nice. Also I had just had a few drinks with a friend of mine, so I wasn't feeling particularly lonely. But still, drinking alone in a bar on christmas eve, it was quite an intense experience. And funny as hell.

Hey look, I did have something to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hihi, sounds like a perfect Christmas eve to me... :)