Tuesday, December 25, 2007

*......

I added some links, to websites, on the right. Which is funny, because we call it 'links'. No, wait. 'Rechts'. We call it 'rechts' and you call it 'links'. No. Um... Oh forget it.

So I added some links. They are these:

One over Zero.
A webcomic. And a damn good one. The artist can't actually draw very well, and that helps. Apparently it's an example of 'reconstructivist art', that's how I found it.

Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal.
Another damn good webcomic! You look like the kind of girl who needs more than one.*


*What Johnny Bravo said to a girl in response to 'I already have a boyfriend'.

Boobs, Injuries, & Dr. Pepper.
One of the best names for a blog ever, together with...

What Would Tyler Durden Do.
But that's not the only reason I link to them. It's most of the reason. Boobs, Injuries, & Dr. Pepper is also well-written and amusing, and WWTDD... Boy, how am I going to explain this one. Well, first the bad news. It's all about Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan and the latest gossip about the lamest people. So how the hell can I read this? Well, it's this. The guy who writes it... Isn't stupid. I hadn't realized it before, but everybody else who writes about Britney, Paris and Lindsey is stupid. Everybody. Now that I read it back it seems obvious, but I hadn't really thought about it, didn't care I guess. But this guy is not. He's rude, blunt, ruthless and sexist (but openly, to me that makes it acceptable), but somewhere behind those rants is a smart person, and you know, we have our ways of recognizing each other. Codes and secret handshakes and the like. So ok, yes, I've been reading about Britney. I admit it! Don't look at me! Why are you looking at me like that!

Reconstructivist Art.
I may not know a lot about art, but I know what I like. And apparently, I like reconstructivist art. It's sort of a return to, let's see... "classic themes and structures, with the goal of creating works of genuine emotion and significance". Except it also "builds upon prior, deconstructionist artworks and techniques". Oh jeez, enough with the copy/paste, just click on the link already.

No comments: